The secret to our “green” diesels? Their energy-efficient powertrains.
Most diesels from Dominion Utility Vehicles are powered by renowned Kohler KDW1003 engines.
These sophisticated engines feature an advanced injection system to use fuel more efficiently, while their high-efficiency combustion helps to significantly lower emissions.
Quiet, Comfortable Operation.
Smooth operation due to superior balance and lower cylinder volume. Belt-driven camshaft, low turbulence pre-combustion chamber and indirect injection all contribute to reducing noise.
Reliability and Long-Life Design.
- Advanced injection system that delivers fuel more efficiently.
- Superior performance over a broader rpm range.
- High-efficiency combustion significantly lowers emissions to meet all CARB, EPA and EURO emissions standards.
- Lower vibration caused by a combination of fewer moving parts, superior balance and lower cylinder volume.
- Reduced sound due to belt-driven overhead camshaft, low-turbulence pre-combustion chamber and inherently quieter indirect injection design.
- Compact, heavy-duty design with multiple power takeoff points for increased application flexibility.
Four-stroke, in-line, cast-iron block, aluminum cylinder head, indirect injection with injector pump on head.
|J1940 Power hp(kW) 1||23.4 (17.7)|
|Displacement cu in (cc)||62.7 (1028)|
|Bore in (mm)||3 (75)|
|Stroke in (mm)||3.1 (77.6)|
|Peak Torque lbs. ft (Nm)||36.8 (50)|
|Dry Weight lbs (kg)||187.3 (85)|
|Oil Capacity U.S. quarts (L)||2.5 (2.4)|
|Lubrication||Full-pressure with full-flow filter|
|Dimensions L x W x H in||20.2 x 16.2 x 20.3|